Re: The Match Game vs The Name Game

Section 6 of XSLT rec' specifically says that a template with a name
attribute may optionally have a match attribute. So you are ok.

For some reason I didn't expect this to work, because I can't find any
specific reference to it in any of my resources.  I went ahead and tried
anyway, and it seemed to work like a charm

<xsl:template name="fubar" match="foo/bar">

Matches all bar elements of foo by default, and also can be called
specifically with:
<xsl:call-templates name="fubar">

Any reason I should be surprised by this? Or, any caveats I need to be
aware
of before I go nuts with this new discovery?

Thanks,
Marty