Re: Re: Microsoft XML

On Wednesday, August 15, 2001 3:10 PM
Mark Galbreath wrote:

> Admittedly, I am new to XML/XSL; this is from Brett
> McLaughlin's "Java and XML," (O'Reilly 2000):
>
> "The Microsoft parser has been intentionally left out of this list;
> from all appearances, Microsoft does not now or in the future
> intend to conform to W3C standards.  Instead, Microsoft seems
> to be developing their own flavor of XML.  We have seen this
> before...be careful if you are forced to use Microsoft's parser" (p.
24).

Well, O'Reilly believes in freedom of speech and allows authors to write
rubbish like this, provided the technical content is accurate.
McLaughlin's book is excellent on his core topics, but like some
denizens of this list, he seems to be a knee-jerk Microsoft hater. Hence
this ludicrous claim.

Michael