saxon question

Hi.

Thank you very much for your answers.

I have another question about saxon, which I don't know exactly where to
post, sorry.

I want to pass a paramater to my xsl-sheet like dir=d:\test\.

How can I do this in saxonin a java program?
The method to put the parameter (void put(int fingerprint, Value val)) uses
an fingerprint and a value? I tried to get the fingerprint from the String
"dir", and to use "d:\test\" as value but this seems not to be the right
way? How should I proceed ?

Thank you for you answers.

Anne.