Re: Passing XSL variable to Javascript!

On Friday, August 10, 2001 3:26 AM
Syed Abuthaheer wrote:

> now i am able to retrieve the value of XSL variable like ({$temp}).
but
> still i am getting the undefined error in my javascript.
> can anyone pl help me to overcome this problem?

Well, if the variable is indeed not being evaluated and written properly
into the HTML, you have a JavaScript problem, not an XSLT one. Same
thing applies to JavaScript problems as to HTML white space/layout
problems: the way forward is generally to forget the XSLT for a bit and
get the thing working in the JavaScript interpreter using hand-written
code. Once you have such hand-written code that doesn't produce an
undefined variable error, work backwards and sort out what XSLT code is
needed to generate the same thing. You'll get lots of help with that
phase of things here, but you may need to ask on a JavaScript list about
what may be a JavaScrip scoping issue.

Michael