Re: xalan-j2 D7: StreamSource cannot be kept?

Unfortunately, the StreamSource does not implement Cloneable.  So you'll
have to clone it by getting the data from the getter methods, and then
using the setter method on a new StreamSource.  In any case, when you clone
() your SiteManager, it doesn't do a deep clone, so you would have to
specifically clone the contained StreamSource(s).

"Michael Kay" <mhkay@iclway.co.uk> wrote:
> The JAXP 1.1 spec is rather remiss in that it doesn't say which kinds of
> Source object are consumed by supplying them to a transformation. But I
> think it's reasonable to assume that a StreamSource or SAXSource can only
be
> used once.

Hmm... you really ought to be able to use a Source as many times as you
wish (even if the JAXP 1.1 spec is not specific about it).  Rob, I would
to get it fixed.  It will make things go faster if you include a small test
program to replicate the problem.

I'm not even totally clear if this is a problem with StreamSource.  It
could be a problem with reusing Transformers or some such.  Again, a small
program that replicates the problem will help us determine exactly what the
issue is.

-scott