Re: Exclude result prefixes

Michael,

I tried this with Saxon and Xalan.  It seemed so likely that I just did something that would be obvious I didn't include any of the source, but here is a sample of what I tried:

Source document:
<deliveries>
  <load scale-type="DTL">
    <vendor>... stuff ommitted
      <url xlink:href="http://www.xxx.com/"/>
    </vendor>
  </load>
</deliveries>

lots of stuff ommitted.

XSL:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<!-- Convert deliveries from XML to HTML -->
                xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";
                xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";
                version="1.0">

  <xsl:output method="xml"
              indent="yes"
              encoding="iso-8859-1"
              doctype-system="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd";
              doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" />

  <xsl:template match="/">
        <xsl:apply-templates />
  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template match="deliveries">
    </head>
      <xsl:apply-templates />
  </xsl:template>

...lots of stuff omitted

Not sure it that is enough to go on but if it isn't I would be happy to supply more. This happened with recent versions and with two processors so I bet it just something I did. It is not that important to exclude the namespace declarations, but I hate not understanding why it didn't work for me.

Thanks,

David Morris

>>> mbnospam@mbeddow.net 08/04/01 09:31 AM >>>
On Saturday, August 04, 2001 2:42 PM
David Morris wrote:

>I tried to use the <xsl:exclude-result-prefixes> to get rid of some
>namespace declarations for namespaces that are not part of my
>output documents. This removed the unneccesary namespaces
> declaration from the element that I used it on (the root), but that
>just made caused the declaration to come back on the root's children.

Suggests you either used the element incorrectly, or have a buggy
processor.
A sample of your use, plus processor info, would help.

Michael