Re: FOP table formatting problem

At 09:18 AM 8/2/01, Amit wrote:
>Does anyone using FOP know what I'm doing wrong  - how I can ensure a
>particular column spans 2 rows? Using Fop (0.18.1), I get an error message
>saying
>
>" [2WARNING: Number of cell columns under table-row not equal to number of
>table-
>columns]"
>
>and the entire row is eliminated in the PDF output. Tried using the Table
>test cases on Renderx and the w3c FOP site (table_spans.fo) but still get
>the same problem.

(w3c FOP site? maybe you mean the XSL-FO spec. FOP is a formatting engine
distributed by Apache, with no direct connection to w3c.)

This is the second such posting in a couple of days, regarding FOP's
capabilities and support. Lately, I've been facing similar problems myself
(for example, I can't get keeps to work in FOP 0.19).

Is there an FOP developer reading who could summarize for us the best way
to track down FOP's capabilities, FOs and properties still unimplemented,
and bugs? The documentation, while good in many respects, is somewhat scant
when it comes to these things. Should we join the FOP-DEV list? I'm
hesitant to flood it with what amount to user questions ... or is that okay?

Note that there's a fine distinction here. This is a great place to post
questions about XSL. But what I'm describing aren't really XSL questions
per se, but about an implementation.

Thanks,
Wendell