Re: Consecutive page numbering using XSL:FO-to-PDF

Thank you (Wendell Piez and Frank Chen) for the suggestions.

You were right Frank, there is a problem with FOP version 0.19.  As Wendell
suggested, I tried another processor -- FOP version 0.18 -- and the page
numbering is perfect.  So, it looks like the problem is with the latest
stable version of FOP.

I've used both XEP and XSL Formatter from Antenna House over the last couple
of months, and both perform well.  Using XSL Formatter to produce PDF,
though, involves the extra step of printing to a PS file and then using
Distiller to generate PDF from Postscript.

All three processors (FOP, XEP, and XSL Formatter) produce slightly
different results and I had to choose one of them for my "proof of concept"
project -- I chose FOP.  Apart from the page numbering problem (and some
challenges with positioning page numbers and chapter headings at opposite
sides of the page in odd and even footers), FOP 0.19 has met all my needs to
date.

Thanks again for the prompt and helpful advice.

Drew