Re: Quick one - can attribute values contain spaces?

Ian Tindale wrote:

> Quick one - can attribute values contain spaces? I realise this is probably
> more a general XML question, actually, come to think of it.
>
> Like this:
>
> <elephant tshirt="bloody huge" />

Yes. There are several attribute types that (the values of which) are/must-be a
space-separated list of names and a validating parser will not accept another
delimiter (that cannot be used in a name). Such are: IDREFS, ENTITIES, NMTOKENS.

There are useful templates (e.g. for string padding) which use an attribute value
containing ***only*** spaces.

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev.