Beginner's question

Hi

Here is a simple question from an absolute beginner!

Suppose I have an XML document with a complex DTD. The DTD contains a tag
deep in the hierarchy called <code>. How would I transform the XML doc to
another XML doc that was identical except for having the <code> tag removed?

I said it was a simple question!

Chris