RE: Re: Any Doc to XML converter ?

When I tried running the compiled version on a .DOC file from one of my
RoboHelp projects, it crashed without warning.

Since I have Visual Basic 6 installed, I opened the Visual Basic project
directly and ran it from there to see if I could find the problem. This time
a Message Box appeared that told me RoboHelp couldn't find the project, and
did I want to search for it? I recognized this as the standard message box
that appears when you open a file that has the RoboHelp template applied,
but isn't in the same folder as the project's .HPJ file.

Once I saved the file with a non-RoboHelp template, the converter ran fine.
However, there were still some combinations of settings and options where
the converter would crash with certain files but not with others.
Fortunately most of those are options I don't need to use--I was just
experimenting with them.

Obviously the converter they built for the article isn't ready for prime
time, but I'm very happy that it will do enough of what I need to handle a
one-time conversion project. I was going to have to write a converter
myself, and I really didn't want to do that!

--Gary Pavek
           Gary Pavek
 Interfaces Documentation Team
    MetaSolv Software, Inc.