Re: [exslt] Re: using EXSLT {RE: date calculation from Excel 1900 Format}

Hi Mike,

> The spec gives the implementor discretion: the processor must ignore
> the element if the namespace is unrecognized, it may ignore it (at
> its discretion) if the namespace is recognized.

Yup. I can see the rationale behind *warning* when the local name is
unrecognised, to catch the spelling errors, but terminating seems a
bit severe. I can see how it's helpful if you as an implementer have
control over the namespace and don't care about stylesheets breaking
when they're run with earlier versions of your processor. But for
other namespaces then taking the same approach as you would with
unrecognised XSLT top-level elements seems kinder.

On the same kind of note, I've also run into problems when I use
func:function with Saxon 6.2 - it doesn't complain about
func:function, but does complain about the xsl:param elements inside
it.

Cheers,

Jeni

---