Re: Efficiency of xsl:number with the "value" attribute specified

[Dimitre Novatchev]

> I have heard of recommendations to avoid xsl:number if possible, due to
efficiency
> reasons.
>
> However, the processing of xsl:number falls into two separate distinct
cases -- when
> the number is already supplied in the "value" attribute, and when not.
>
> My question is should I be concerned (so much, or at all) about
efficiency, in case
> when I'm using the "value" attribute to specify the number.

If you are using the attribute value then you are not using the number()
function, and conversely. There's no special problem about efficiency for
using the attribute value, if the source document alrady supplies it.

Tom P