Re: general string replace?

Chris Nolte wrote:
> I am having some trouble using Jeni Tennison's general
> string replace template that is described in the FAQ:
> http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/stringreplace.html
>
> Specifically, when using XT I get the error message
> "character not allowed."  When using Xalan, I get the
> more helpful message:
> XSLT Error
> (javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException):
> The value of attribute "test" must not contain the '<'
> character.
>
> It is referring to this line in the replace_strings
> template:
>
> <xsl:when test="$search < count(document
> ('')//foo:search)">

When he put the sample code in the FAQ, it looks like Dave Pawson remembered
to change "<" and ">" to "&lt;" and "&gt;", but he forgot to change "&" to
"&amp;" so that it would render properly in the browser.

  <xsl:when test="$search &lt; count(document('')//foo:search)">

is what you want.

Also note there are 2 parts of the FAQ that cover pretty much the same
topic.

http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/replace.html
and
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/stringreplace.html