Re: Re: grouping

Gunter,

Given the look of your XML,

| > > <page>
| > >   <ROWSET>
| > >    <ROW>

I'm going to guess that you are producing it as a result
of processing an Oracle XSQL page template. If you happen to
already have my "Building Oracle XML Applications"
book, I discuss fast XSLT grouping techniques
in Chapter 9, "XSLT: Beyond the Basics". If you don't
have it (or even if you do, in addition) check out
Jenni Tennison's web site, where she has published
howto topics on grouping, including some of the fast-grouping
ideas using keys.

You may be able to group your data using nested result sets
in the database even faster than you could do it with
fast-XSLT-key-grouping, so you might benchmark both doing
the grouping the in the database and doing it in the stylesheet
to see which is fastest for your particular data set.