new release of the XSLT book/caching included XSLT sheets with the JAXP API

Hi Michael,

Thanks for pointing out the second release of your book, I bought it
and last night I enjoyed reading some of the new things in this
release. I already owned the first edition, but I had such a good time
reading the first release, that I decided is worth spending $30 again
to buy the new release. Thanks a lot!

Anyway, while reading the JAXP section, I suddenly realized there is
no way to cache included stylesheets using the URIResolver and
Templates classes.

JAXP allows one to cache the root stylesheet using a Templates object,
but for any included/imported stylesheets I didn't see any way to
cache them using a Templates object. This is especially true if I have
my own URI which needs to be resolved through a special URIResolver:
the interface includes only a resolve() method that returns a Source
object. If my included/imported XSLT sheet is a local file on the
disk, how can I reuse the probably already parsed template?

Best regards,
--
Ovidiu Predescu <ovidiu@cup.hp.com>