RE: Transitive closure for XPath

> something I really lose sleep over is the lack of a transitive closure
> function in XPath.
>
> Also, is anyone from the XPath WG reading this ?

Yes, they are, but they won't treat it as a request unless you send it to
xsl-editors@w3.org.

Even then, my suspicion is that it will drop below the line. (Does SQL have
a transitive closure function yet?)

XQuery allows user-defined functions, which can of course be recursive, so
I'd guess that you are more likely to see a solution along those lines.

Mike Kay