Re: Catching Entities With XSLT?

On Sun, 25 Mar 2001, David Carlisle wrote:
> > Netscape4 doesn't seem to like some
> > HTML character entities that my XSLT
> > outputs.
>
> Netscape 4's implementation of the HTML entity set is just broken.

Actually it never worked to start with :-) NS was implemented
without reference to the HTML specs, which made it quite hard
to get right because they weren't of course any way  interested
in "getting it right". What seems to be different about XML is
that, in most cases, systems are being implemented _with_
reference to the spec, which should mean less of this guesswork
in future.

///Peter