Re: [exsl] Naming exsl:return/exsl:result (Was: Re: Functional programming in XSLT)

> because I think you should be able to write
>
> <xsl:call-template name="xref-to">
>    <xsl:with-param name="node" select="document('glossary.xml')/id($target)"/>
>  </xsl:call-template>

Now that I agree with :-)  Same for key, and applying to several
documents simultaneously.

I don't know if others agree, but to me it seems that there is a large
number of problems like this, for example: 1) passing sorted lists, 2)
many of the more complex grouping problems, 3) allowing customisation
layers to modify expression results (e.g. via xsl:call-template or
exsl:function) but where something more needs to be done after the
customisation has been called, 4) defining global variables that dig out
information from several documents.

If there is interest, I can describe a couple rather complicated
scenarios I needed to implement and found XSL wanting (though the
problems were solvable with node-set() extension).

All I am basically trying to say that there is a place for exsl:function
-- I like the idea very much -- but some of the basic mechanics would be
most useful in other contexts as well.

Cheers,
//lat
--
If brute force doesn't work, maybe you're not using enough
brute force.