xsl: Changing the order of presenation

hi !

I am creating an XSL for a Book-- the DTD/XML for the book is pretty simple
			and I defined it myself (as against using DocBook) --

It has Page/para/line/pagenumber tags; I have two specific problems with
the XSL for this.

1. I need to give hyperlinks from each page to the figures that appear in it--
                   I do not want to show the picture in line, but want to
give a hyperlink;
                   The filename of the figure is stored in a tag that looks
like
                                <fig>figname</fig>
                    How do I do this?

2.  I need to create internal references in the page like  <a
name="page2">  but  if I put the "<a name=" when I come across this tag
say, like
<page>
	<pageTitle>Introduction          </pageTitle>
	<pageNumber>10</pageNumber>
	<target>20</target>,

by then I have already displayed a couple of lines in the page-- So how do
I look for the "<target>" tag as soon as I come across the <page> tag??

One solution would be to reorder the tags in XML itself-- but I need this
solution in many other places!

I am pretty in-experienced with XSL and I need to create on soon, and need
to create one within a few hours !

Thanks
Madhavi