Re: browsers with XSL capabilities

So the content editors or writers, in your experience, use Word...  (but
aren't you a student?)

Is there a linux version?

We are talking about a content editor/writer's tool. We are not talking
about a server platform or a java developer's environment. Most editors I
know have to use some kind of entry system to get their material into XML.

What if those editors could use a wyswig client tool? instead of something
that is an html form based system? Do you think they might be pleased?

If those editors use Word, then you have an extra step (or a VB program =
extra step...) to convert that to XML, right?

Look, I use Linux (as a hobby to keep up, but can't too much practical use
for what I do) and MSWindow. I originally started on a Mac and there is no
greater hater of Microsoft than a Mac user.  But at some point reality
enters the picture.

I see that you are a student (or at least you have an .edu - I hope you
don't teach...).  Well, I hope your world doesn't change too much when you
graduate. Try to get email from your corporation's exchange server (yea, the
web client is great...), or try to read the MSExcel phone list, expense
report, whatever or try to view the CEO's powerpoint presentation, etc, etc,
etc.

I sure would hate to be an idealist graduating in this job market. If you
can, then more power to you. I do know people who can - some java developers
and sys admins.  But they have a MSWin machine to deal with the other
aspects of office life. But, of course we are talking about content
editors/writers, right?

I am not against Linux or open source or standards (in fact I would love to
see it succeed), but they have to work for the people who pay me. OK?