Re: browsers with XSL capabilities

Most content editors or writers I know use MS Word.  Every low-end web
developer I know has never even heard of XML, and wouldn't know "good" HTML
if it bit them on the ass.  Every high-end developer I know and every
XML-savvy person I know uses or is familiar with Linux.

Add to that the benefits of developing on the same platform as you are
serving, and the fact that Apache (61% market share) on Linux (33% server
market share) is one of the most common web server platforms if not the most
popular, and the plethora of XML or XSLT serving tools for Apache/Linux....

But if you don't care about all of those people, that's your right.  But for
every user you lock into using only the MS suite, you'll have another who
doesn't want to or can't be tied to a single proprietary system, and you
lose them.  That's why open standards exist.  The use of proprietary
extensions should be discouraged, not encouraged.