Re: XSL,Javascript, NS 4.x

At 09:02 5-03-2001, Rush, Marc wrote:
>I have a script embedded in the body of the document before any xsl tags
>that is not being rendered correctly in NS4.x.  The Script tag is set up
>properly as is the CDATA element.  Everything seems correct and does
>work in IE and NS6.  When I view source on the final rendered HTML page
>it does not show the script at all after the body tag. It renders a
>document.write command from within the script but nothing else.  I am
>assuming this is some weird XSL problem with NS.  Any help with this is
>greatly appreciated.

This isn't an XSL problem at all; Netscape 4.x is entirely ignorant of XSL
(predating it by a couple of years).

I assume that when you view source in NS, the title of the window says
something like "Source of wysiwyg:0//http://foo.example.com/..."  When you
use document.write, Netscape refuses to show you the real source, only the
source as it rendered it (after modification by JavaScript).

There's no "CDATA element", but if you mean a CDATA marked section, that
may not be a good idea, since most older browsers have no idea what it
is.  I'd give that a miss for HTML generation.

-Chris
--
Christopher R. Maden, XML Consultant