Line breaks added during transformation

I have the following XML Document

<AdData>
  <Ad>
     <account>My Account</account>
     <name>My Name</name>
  </Ad>
</AdData>

and am using the following XSL document to transform it to another XML
document

<?xml version="1.0"?>
version="1.0">
<xsl:output method="xml"/>
<xsl:template match="AdData">
<xsl:for-each select="Ad">
  <text>Line 1: <xsl:value-of select="Account"/> / <xsl:value-of
select="Name"/>Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
Blah</text>
</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

I expect to get a document that looks like

<text>Line 1: My Account / My Name Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah</text>

but instead I get

<text>Line 1: My Account / My Name Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah</text>

where line breaks are inserted at points in the line where they do not
exist in the source of either the XML or XSL (I have verified this).

Does anyone have any ideas????