Re: Designs for XSLT functions (Was: Re: RE: syntax sugar for call-template)

Hi Uche,

> I see your point, but it only makes me think that exsl:if is in general
otiose
> and dangerous.  I'd still advocate just sticking to xsl:if for such cases.
>
> In particular, I would not support a use-case which had exsl:ternary() as
the
> decision fulcrum of a recursive function.

Note that the behaviour I describe is exactly the one used in xsl:choose
(modulo multiple xsl:whens). So if you like using xsl:choose for
your recursion stop criteria, I cannot really see why you would object to
that behaviour in an XPath equivalent. In fact, selective evaluation
is already present in XPath 1.0 through the 'and' and 'or' operators.
(Their behavior is commonly referred to as short-circuit evaluation)

Cheers,

</David>

David Rosenborg
Pantor Engineering AB