Re: RE: syntax sugar for call-template

   I do not like the idea of "return" inside a "template", I was
   only after an abbreviated method to call templates from within
   other templates; not call templates from within a xpath expr.

Maybe I lost the thread of this thread but I thought your suggested
short form was exactly calling the template using xpath extension
function syntax?

   If I had a need for calling a method from within XPath, then
   I *do* like your suggestion about a seperate "function" declaration
   for creating functions callable from Xpath.  It makes sense
   to have it a seperate construct for the reasons I believe
   you pointed out:

   different from the 'template requirements; and as such
   they should be seperate constructs.  I belive this is your
   position isn't it?  IMHO, trying to merge them will be
   FAQ heaven....

Oh so basic agreement around then on this point, it seems.

David