RE: XInclude in Cocoon

> The XInclude spec defines a way to express inclusions, but makes no
> prescriptions of the semantics of such inclusions.  An XSLT
> processor can
> choose to expand the include or pass it on, and in both cases
> be conformant to XInclude and XSLT.

I'm not sure it would be conformant to XSLT. The XSLT spec leaves no room to
treat xinclude:include as anything other that a literal result element, if
it appears in the source tree. You could argue that XSLT says nothing about
how the source tree is created, and therefore it doesn't care whether
xinclude is expanded during a preprocessing phase; and I suppose you could
argue that no conformance test can tell the difference...

Mike Kay