Determining the level of the XML node?

Does anyone know how to determine what "level" the current node is at in the
XML using XSL?  At every level I need to indent my output successively, like
Windows Explorer, for example:

     folder
          folder
               file
          file
          file
     file
     file
     folder
          folder
               folder
                    file

Or if anyone has a better approach (as I'm sure I'm not the first one to try
ouputting this relationship) I'd love to hear it.  Thanks in advance!

-dmg