Re: cross document id idref pair checks

> When using well formed, as apposed to valid, input,
> How to use the fact that a node-set removes duplicates to
> check if there is more than one attribute named 'id'?

do you mean that, which I took to mean check for
   <xxx id="1" id="2"/>

which can't happen in an XSL input tree, or do you mean checking the
normal ID constraint that no two ids in the same document have the same
value which is
test="count(//*[@id='x'])=1"
or
test="not((//*[@id='x'])[2])"
whichever Michael says is most easily optimised:-)

David