RE: XML to RTF with XSL?

> My guess is this is more stright forward in OmniMark/Perl
> than it will be in
> DSSSL and XSLT, but it should be doable with any of these tools.

Thanks for your description of your process to create a conversion program,
that's very useful! I'm going to be dealing with up- and down-conversions
and transformations a lot in the near future.

But I suspect that right now it's most straightforward to create an
XML-to-RTF stylesheet in DSSSL, since I can use the OpenJade processor to
process DSSSL and it has an RTF backend. I played around with this a bit in
the past and all I had to do was create element rules along the line of:

for elements named ... make a paragraph, set the font size to ... points,
and the font family to ...

Then OpenJade knows how to make RTF from those rules. I don't know RTF code
and don't really want to learn it... That's why I was hoping there was an
XML+XSL processor that could do the same thing as OpenJade with SGML/XML and
DSSSL.

Linda