Alignment of tables/Position of xsl-region-body

Hi all,

1. How can I center a whole table with xsl formatting objects? As far as I
know, there's no attribute in the <fo:table>-tag to change the alignment of
the table as a whole. I tried to put the table into a <fo:block> but
there's just the attribute text-align which only takes effect on the text
in this block, not on the table. Can someone help me?

2. I have defined the extent of the region-before area as 6cm. When I know
put some text out to the xsl-region-body-area, the text appears on the very
top of the page (that is at the left and top margin of the page). What's
wrong? I thought, that the xsl-region-body area starts 6cm below the top
margin of the page and the space between the page margin and this 6cm is
the xsl-before area where I can put e.g. some static content? Can someone
help me?

Thanks in advance,

  Tobi

P.S. I'm using FOP 0.15