Re: FOP 0.15.0 Release

Hello,
 we have tested your new release. It looks wonderful,
but there is a small problem:

Of course, the first file I have tried was "images.fo"
(obviously, isn't it :-))..

Unfortunately, it expects the "graphics" directory
elsewhere. A symbolic link solved the problem,
but I guess it would be better to change the
distribution :-)

Best regards
Jirka

P.S.: My first impressions are superb.

Arved Sandstrom wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please find below information concerning the latest FOP elease.
> Hope this is useful.
>
> Arved Sandstrom
>
> ----- ANNOUNCEMENT FOLLOWS -----
>
> FOP 0.15.0 is the latest release of the Apache XML formatting
> object processor. It may be obtained from the FOP homepage at
> http://xml.apache.org/fop/index.html, under Download.
>
> New features to this software since the last (0.14.0) release
> include:
>
> - region-name support
> - a new package for image support and analysis
> - better svg support (linear gradients, radial gradients, css
> style selectors, css colour names, patterns, path curves (except
> arcs), text tspan and tref, text whitespace handling, text
> outline and fill, switch, images (including external svg images)
> references in external svg documents, svg elements (below topxi
> element), symbol element)
> - large test suite for svg
> - support for property textdecoration (only value 'underline'
> - support for type 1 fonts (in addition to Base 14)
> - support for compile target jdk 1.1 only
> - support for  partial borders in block, block-container,
> table-row, table-column, and table-cell
> - redesign of properties handling, support for computed, compound
> and shorthand properties, supporting docs
> - redesign of font handling for AWTRenderer
> - support for leader-alignment,leader-pattern-width,
> leader-pattern (dots,space)
>
> A very stable group of core committers is being supported by an
> increasing number of developers and vocal users. Many useful fixes
> and suggestions have been submitted and incorporated into this
> release. For further details please refer to the STATUS file in
> the distribution.
>
> Current efforts include improvements to tables and lists, and
> support for columns and footnotes. FOP is well on track to
> achieving at least Basic conformance to the XSL specification by
> the end of the Candidate Recommendation phase.

 <name firstName="Jirka" surname="Jirat"/>
 <mail>     jiratj@idoox.com  </mail>
 <support>  http://www.zvon.org </support>