Re: DTD, XML schema, RDF,RELAX which one

Kay Michael wrote:

> By "validation using XSLT", I mean writing a stylesheet that produces <OK/>
> as its output if the input is valid, or a document containing error messages
> otherwise.
>
> Mike Kay

Or to use Schematron which produces stylesheets for you:
http://www.ascc.net/xml/resource/schematron/

There is also very recent article at XML.com:
Validating XML with Schematron by Chimezie Ogbuji
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2000/11/22/schematron.html

Basically you write your requirements with Schematron (which is very
easy to learn) and then compile it with some implementation (e.g.
zvonSchematron.xsl) to another xslt stylesheet, which is then used for
actual validation.

I have now beta implementation of Schematron version 1.5 :
http://www.zvon.org/Temp/Schematron/MyImplementation/zvonSchematron.xsl

and reference draft at:
http://www.zvon.org/Temp/Schematron/Output/index.html

The implementation and reference will be officially published
with a new address in few weeks time. Please do not quote the current
url, it will disappear.