Re: Fw: Bug in SAXON (entity/character set ) ??

Melvyn Rosengarden wrote:
> I wasn't SURE about the entity declaration. In Kay Michaels book

I really wish Michael Kay, as an Englishman, would make his mail software
put his name with his first name first, family name last. :)

> I saw examples of both. Soooo in my test bed I used both ways
>
> <entity_test e_test1="&#8226;"  e_test2="&bullet;" />
>
> Neither one was rendered correctly in SAXON, both rendered aas bullets using
> MSXML.

It's an encoding issue, as David was saying. The problem is not so much
what's in your stylesheet, but what encoding you're getting upon output,
and what your browser is assuming about the encoding. I suspect that if
you use xsl:output to ensure that your HTML is output in the encoding your
browser expects, or if you ensure that your HTML contains the appropriate
meta element declaring the encoding, then you will see the results you
expect.