A new twist on attributes vs elements

Melvyn,

The one major problem I forsee is the instance when your database
field contains both single and double quotes.  Your xml parser will
choke when attempting to add that as an attribute.  I'm sure there is
some means to escape quotes, but that is an added annoyance that is avoided
by simply using child nodes.

I agree though, attributes attacched to a row element seem cleaner to me
as well.

-matt