ie xml-viewer (NOT w/xsl) how2 dynamic

As you know, when I open an xml-file with ie, without specifying
an xsl-stylesheet, ie displays the file in that neat
windows-explorer-like--expand/collapse-by-clicking-the-minus-before-the-tag
way. I'd like to use that way of displaying xml with xml, that I
generate dynamically using, say, JavaScript.
How can I do that???
(I could tell you several ways, how it will NOT work, ask me if
you wanna know.)