Re: Table question/was Re: Whitespace questions

Paul Tchistopolskii writes:
 > I have not checked situation with XSL FO implemenations for a
 > while, but if there was no serious movements ( and I think
 > nothing serious has happened ) renderx.com XSL FO
 > engine should be months ( if not years ) ahead any other
 > XSL FO engine you will find.

I don't know how far RenderX have got, but the web page still says
there there is no support for hyphenation, floats or tables. This is
not "years ahead".

 > PPS. If by "Clark's stuff" you mean DSSSL:
 >
 > http://www.w3.org/Style/XSL/#faq
 >
 > "DSSSL has capabilities that XSL does not, and continues
 > in use in the print publishing industry."
 >
 > This is written on W3C website - this should be true ;-)

I wonder what they could possibly mean. Can anyone point at a
single serious production use of DSSSL in the print publishing
industry?

Sebastian