Re: What's an "XML Fragment"?

At 08:31 AM 10/09/2000 -0400, Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
>At 4:43 PM -0400 10/8/00, John E. Simpson wrote:
>>I have no inside information, obviously, but I just read that as a
>>reference to XML fragments as defined by the apparently moribund XML
>>Fragment Interchange WD (last updated 6/30/99). Although nothing seems to
>>be happening with that WD, it was still fairly current as of the time the
>>XSLT WD went to Recommendation.
>>
>>See:
>>    http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xml-fragment#terminology
>
>That sounds possible. The big issue with that interpretation is that the
>XML Fragment Interchange WD is not listed as a normative or non-normative
>reference by the XSLT spec.

Yeah, I know. (Presumably, since the Fragment Interchange never went to
Rec, it would have to be non-normative.) After I posted that message last
night, I went back to look at the earlier XSLT drafts; Fragment Interchange
wasn't referenced from them, either. The only connection I can establish
between the two is that Paul Grosso of Arbortext was on both WGs; you might
try e-mailing him to ask if the connection is coincidental, or intentional
but undocumented.