RE: Performing an expression on attributes of a node-set

> But I need the sum of each (price*qty).  I tried everything I could think
> of, but no luck.  Any clues on how to do this?

It's not strightforward, you need to write a recursive template that
processes the node-set. I presented this very example in my book XSLT
Programmer's Reference. It's in Chap 7 under the sum() function (as an
example of something you can't do with the sum() function). You can download
the example files from the Wrox web site - even if you haven't bought the
book.

Alternatively there's a Saxon extension function:

saxon:sum(//item, saxon:expression(@price*@qty))

Mike Kay