Re: template match using mode with MS-IE5 or 5.5

>hi gurus,
>even using a direct example from the xml-bible by Elliotte Rusty Harold I
>could not get
>the template match to work, when I used the mode="something" restriction.
>Right now, I am using only the msxml.dll supplied with IE5.0 or IE 5.5,
>which is obviously also used
>in xml-spy.
>I have worked around with the typical xsl:for-each construction. I have
>looked up the FAQ and
>have followed the digest for quite a while and nobody seems to have a
>problem with it.
>Am I missing something or may I just conclude the the msxml.dll just
>doesn't handle it properly?
>thanks for an advice.

Internet Explorer 5.0's XSLT support is extremely buggy and
non-standard. If you tried an example in Chapter 14 of the XML Bible
and it didn't work in IE5.0, complain to Microsoft, not to me.
Microsoft has posted a beta of the MSXML DLL (Windows only) at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/webtechnology/xml/msxml.asp that
supports more (though still not all) of the XSLT 1.0 recommendation.
However, I recommend that you a third party converter like xt, Xalan,
or Saxon instead.

LotusXSL          http://www.alphaWorks.ibm.com/formula/LotusXSL
Xalan             http://xml.apache.org/xalan/index.html
XT                http://www.jclark.com/xml/xt.html

|                  The XML Bible (IDG Books, 1999)                   |
|              http://metalab.unc.edu/xml/books/bible/               |
|   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0764532367/cafeaulaitA/   |