RE: real time transformations

Hi Daniel,

Didier PH Martin schrieb:
> Daniel, do you mean here that SAX based XSLT implementations exist
> somewhere? Or do you mean to pick an other language which is event based
> like for instance Omnimark?

Daniel replied:
I meant to use a SAX based Java XSLT implementation like James Clarks
XT, which enables me to stream huge Documents.

Didier says:
Yes XT is using a SAX interface to parse the XML document. And so are doing
most of the XSLT engines. But are you sure that XT does not keep an infoset
for XSLT processing? Check again the engine's internals, you may be
surprised to discover that XT keeps an info set structure. So, even if it is
SAX based as is also SAXON, it does not necessarily resolve the problem of
resource usage like, for instance, memory. Anyway, I agree that XT is a very
efficient engine and SAXON is improving at each release.

cheers
Didier PH Martin