Displaying SVG

I've slightly altered Michael Kay's examples from Appendix A in his
(excellent) XSLT book to run a stylesheet which produces SVG. I have
IE5.5 with the necessary plugin, and when I load an SVG file it displays
properly. However, when I want to display the generated svg in a new
window, the window stays blank, even though I specify the mime-type
(code from the Voodoo manual):

  svg= open("demo.svg", "displayWindow",
"width=500,height=400,status=yes,toolbar=yes,menubar=yes");
  svg.document.open("image/svg-xml");
  svg.document.writeln(strResult)
  svg.document.close();

I chose to open a new window, because displaying the svg in the
DIV.innerhtml won't work at all. The plugin doesn't recognize it.
The best solution would be proper inline svg, but I don't think any
browser supports it.

If I specify the mime-type text/plain, the svg code display as text, as
expected.
Any suggestions?

Gert Bultman
Delft Technical University