RE: intro, and quick newbie-ish question!

Well, I can't give you a direct solution, but I can make two comments
that may or may not help :) First, it's XSLT not XMLT.
It stands for the Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformation.
It is called this because it was initially 1/2 of XSL (extensible
stylesheet language) and in fact is still 1/2 of XSL, but is also
it's own separate standard.