Handling content in MSXML3 and MSHTML

Hi all,
	I'm attempting to perform an
XML -> HTML conversion and then to use
MSHTML before converting the
HTML -> XML. The problem is as follows:

If I have an XML tag that doesn't translate to HTML
then I want to keep the tag in the HTML just don't show it.
So, well and good MSHTML can perform this task, e.g.

<UnknownHTMLTag>Text</UnknownHTMLTag> shows in my MSHTML editor
as "Text".

If I translate HTML -> XML there's also no problem here, we just
get back our:
<UnknownHTMLTag>Text</UnknownHTMLTag>

But, if I now type into my MSHTML editor it overwrites the
hidden content,since it hasn't been recognised.

My question is...is there any way to manipulate MSHTML so that
content that isn't recognised is preserved intact ??

Ciaran.