Re: Merging XML

Oliver,

>I'm not sure if the approach using key() is promising.

I had half suspected that key() would be more problematic for a generic
solution.

However, I'm currently using your updated stylesheet on a 800 node test
file.  At the moment it's performed about 10% in 12 mins.

Am I right in thinking that key() is more efficient than searching through
nodes using a <xslt:for-each>.  If so, then for large problems, key() may
be the only reasonable solution.

> However - it's an interesting idea. Nobody will stop you finding an
> alternative approach! :-)

I'd like to claim credit for the idea, but it was Jeni Tennison's (another
one for her FAQ?).

Although I'm not looking for something super-fast, 2+ hours is a bit too
long. I'm resigned to thinking that a solution that uses a priori knowledge
about the format of the XML is my only way forward.

Thanks

Tom