RE: XSLT processor performance

> <xsl:stylesheet
> xmlns:xsl='http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform' version="1.0"
>   xmlns:xt="http://www.jclark.com/xt"
>   xmlns:ora="http://www.oracle.com/XSL/Transform/java/"
>   xmlns:saxon="http://icl.com/saxon"
>   xmlns:xalan="org.apache.xalan.xslt.extensions.Redirect"
>   extension-element-prefixes="saxon xt xalan ora"
>   exclude-result-prefixes="ora saxon xt xalan"
>   >

> <ora:output name="oout" method="html"/>

Saxon is wrong to reject the ora:output, it should ignore it. It's doing the
test "this is an element in an extension element namespace that I don't
recognise" before it does the test "this is a top-level element, so I should
ignore it if I don't recognise its namespace".

I don't know how ora:output is designed to work, by the way, but
saxon:output is an instruction, not a top-level elements, so it only makes
sense to use it within a template body.

Mike Kay