Re: sql to xml question

> > I wanted to know what are the different ways to generate XML
> > on the fly from
> > sql queries.
> > I know there are some that do it.
>
> I expect that most tools that import SQL results in a XML environment,
> need to build a internal representation of the result as XML.

Why do you think so? I think this expectation is not correct.

At least I know that PXSLServlet  is not taking any extra memory
in SQL2XML part, but it is generating stream of SAX events.

I can imagine a design that will contruct DOM out of SQL, but
I don't understand why should somebody use DOM for SQL2XML
conversion ?

>  you cannot afford to do so, due to memory constraints and
>  all you need is the data as XML, you may be better of by writing
> a small snippet of code in PHP or similar that generates the
> XML you need directly as "print" statements.

Not *that* small snippet, actually. Serialization into
XML is not absolutely trivial thing ( because of & <> e .tc.)

Rgds.Paul.