Appreciation (RE: Indexing Tree Elements)

Sorry for this non-XSL specific post. I won't do it again.

It seems to me that we have been questioning each other a bit lately. Well,
if that is the case, I might as well tell everybody that some of the people
on this list had been helping me for a long long time. And of course, they
don't me personally at all. And that is the point, I believe.

I used what David Carlisle contributed to TeX. More than 10 years ago now.
Same for Sebastian Rahtz (Knuth is not on the list so he does not count).

I learned everything about XSLT using Saxon and LotusXSL, so I should thank
Michael and Scott for providing them. I am recommending all the people who
have to deal with XSLT in my company to use xt; so I thank James Clark for
that incredible tool[note 1].

I read Tim Blay's annotated XML spec. on the net, and that was the reason
why I started using XML. And the company is still reaping the rewards the
flexibility of XML brings.

Oh man, the list goes on and on. And all of these people are on the list.

So, to the people who accuse other people of bias: learn what you like, and
discard the rest. And hope that they keep posting. Yes, David, please keep
posting.

Khun Yee

Note 1:  Nothing against Saxon or LotusXSL (or Xalan), but it is such an
easy thing to create custom output handlers for xt that I have written
output handlers for HDML and WML (some cell phones do not like  , they
insist on  , so I have no choice. And I can see the need for attribute
values with '&' characters coming).