RE: Accessing a node name from within <xsl:attribute>

Mike Kay's book is a great beginner's guide and reference.
Look for Wrox Press's "XSLT Programmer's Reference".  We
have purchased piles of this book at Microsoft and everyone
seems to like it.

The first thing to establish, though, is that Mike Kay
is definitely not the person to ask XSL questions regarding
Microsoft.  I think he has a filter set up that detects
keywords like "IE5" or "Microsoft" and automatically
spits out some form of "Microsoft sucks" without regard
to the actual question asked.

He was perfectly capable of answering your question, and
would have answered it had you pretended to be using Saxon.
He is also perfectly aware that IE5 shipped before the
XSLT spec was finished and thus implements an older version
of the spec.  He is also aware that there have been many
updates to XSLT support for IE5 available free for download
at http://msdn.microsoft.com/xml.  With the updated parser
you can also download the newer SDK, which includes online
references for XSLT/XPath and code samples.

Joshua Allen
Microsoft eBusiness West Region
"No challenge can withstand the assault of sustained thinking" - Voltaire