xalan -validate

I am using xalan with the -validate flag. The parser complains about all the
<xsl:> constructs in my xsl file, that they should be declared. When I
define the DOCTYPE:

<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [
        <!ELEMENT xsl:stylesheet ANY>
        <!ATTLIST xsl:stylesheet
                version   CDATA #REQUIRED
                xmlns:xsl CDATA #REQUIRED

        <!ELEMENT xsl:template  ANY>
        <!ATTLIST xsl:template match CDATA #REQUIRED>
        <!ELEMENT xsl:value-of  ANY>
        <!ATTLIST xsl:value-of select CDATA #REQUIRED>

]>

the parser stops complaining about the constructs declared in the DOCTYPE.

I should not be doing this, right? Is there a concept similar to the C;
include (java; import) that would allow me to declare xsl and html tags?